TastyFood is meant to be enjoyed. Every kid knows that. Our goal is to make sure that whatever meal we put in front of our students isn’t just good for them but is also a great experience. Long ago we realized that the best way to ensure that we serve great tasting food is to ask our students what they like to eat. In fact, every meal that is served by Preferred Meals has been student taste tested and ultimately “Student Approved”.
Healthy“Bring it on!” Healthy food provides our children with the energy, focus and attitude to succeed during their time at school. When healthy is Preferred
- Every Preferred meal meets the USDA’s Healthier US School Challenge Silver level for nutritional requirements.
- Preferred meals never contain aspartame, saccharin, bleached or bromated flour.
- Every Preferred meal is free from certain artificial colors and flavors, MSG, brominated vegetable oil and high fructose corn syrup.
- Milk provided by Preferred Meals is rBST hormone free
- 100% of all grain products that we provide are whole grain
- The Preferred Allergy Meal System offers kid-friendly meals that are free of gluten and the 8 major allergens: wheat, peanut, shellfish, soy, tree nut, egg, milk and fish.
- Administrator Information Packet
- Breakfast Nutrition Labels for The Preferred Allergy Meal System
- Lunch Nutrition Labels for The Preferred Allergy Meal System
SafePreferred Meals serves over 70 million meals a year. School Districts and organizations throughout the country depend on us to ensure that every one of these meals are prepared and delivered with safety as an utmost priority.
The students in our elementary schools and our middle school are eating a variety of meals and they like them. The meal enrollment today includes even more students participating in the paid lunch program than previous years.- Monika Jankovics, Beach Park School District 3, Beach Park, IL